What IS UG-NX?
NX, formerly known as NX Unigraphics or usually just UG, is an advanced high-end CAD/CAM/CAE software package originally developed by Unigraphics, but since 2007 by Siemens PLM Software.
It is used, among other tasks, for:
Design (parametric and direct solid/surface modelling) Engineering analysis (static; dynamic; electro-magnetic; thermal, using the finite element method; and fluid, using the finite volume method). Manufacturing finished design by using included machining modules.
History of UG-NX
1972: United Computing, Inc. releases UNIAPT, one of the world's first end-user CAM products.
1973: The company purchases the Automated Drafting and Machining (ADAM) software code from MCS in 1973. The code became a foundation for a product called UNI-GRAPHICS, later sold commercially as Unigraphics in 1975. 1976 McDonnell Douglas Aircraft buys United Computing.
1983: UniSolids V1.0 is released, marking the industry's first true interactive Solid Modeling software offering.
1991: During a period of financial difficulties McDonnell Douglas Automation Company (McAuto) sells its commercial services organization, including the Unigraphics organization and product, to EDS which at that time is owned by GM. Unigraphics becomes GM's corporate CAD system.
1992: Over 21,000 seats of Unigraphics are being used worldwide
1996: Unigraphics V11.0 is released with enhancements in Industrial Design and Modeling including Bridge Surface, Curvature Analysis for Curve and Surfaces, Face Blends, Variable Offset Surface, etc. In the area of Assembly Modeling the new capabilities include Component Filters, Faceted Representations, and Clearance Analysis between multiple Components. A fully integrated Spreadsheet linked to Feature-Based Modeling is also included.
2002 First release of the new "Next Generation" version of Unigraphics and I-DEAS, called NX, beginning the transition to bring the functionality and capabilities of both Unigraphics and I-DEAS together into a single consolidated product.
2007 Introduction of Synchronous Technology in NX 5
2011 Release of NX8 on October 17-2011
2013 Release of NX9 (x64 only) on October 14-2013
Benefits of UG-NX
Fast, Flexible, Efficient Product Design
NX design tools are superior in power, versatility and productivity. You can work faster and more efficiently in the full range of design tasks, from 2D layout through 3D modeling, assembly design, drafting and documentation.
Work Seamlessly with Data from Other CAD Systems
With synchronous technology, NX allows you to directly use models created with other CAD systems. You can import and modify CAD geometry from any source with speed, ease and efficiency. NX is the solution of choice for multi-CAD, collaborative design.
Power and Capacity for Complex Products
NX assembly design tools are ready for the most complex assemblies, even those with thousands of parts. You can create full multi-CAD digital mockups with NX to quickly identify issues and resolve problems.
Reduce Development Time by More than 30 Percent
With breakthrough technologies, efficient interaction and streamlined workflows, NX design tools help you accomplish design tasks much more quickly than with other CAD systems.
Reduce Delivery Cycle Time by 35 percent
With integrated design, simulation, tooling and manufacturing, NX can help you transform and streamline development processes, using the same knowledge and data from the first concept to the shop floor.
CAREER SCOPE IN UG-NX
India is a developing country. India has 65% of the population under 25 years of age.
• The scope of UG-NX professionals in India are plethora. As India is considered as the software industry hub in the whole world.
• Passion for this profession is the must and most valuable skill required.
• Day by day, the demands of this profession are booming at a rapid pace.
• The term UG-NX implies that an engineer can use the system both for designing a product and for controlling manufacturing process.
• UG-NX is extensively used in the fields of engineering, architecture and entertainment medias.
• Industrial designers now use computer graphics to do work that was previously done with pencil and paper.
• Lucrative opportunities exist with original equipment manufacturers in the automobile and consumer product sector, in their design, development and manufacturing divisions.
• Today the use of UG-NX tools has become a necessity in organizations over industry verticals such as automotive, aerospace and utilities.
Students can surf the net for some information. Some important sites which can give students a good information regarding UG-NX are:
EXPERTISE OF ZENUS IN UG-NX
Our Unigraphics course is very beneficial for aspiring engineers and professionals who want to upgrade their skills. There are many Unigraphics training institutes in Roorkee, but we train in a better way. We see to it that the theory and practical sessions go alternatively and effectively. In this manner, every concept gets simplified and is explained with adequate details in our course.
ZENUS is the biggest UG NX training center in Roorkee with high tech infrastructure and lab facilities and the options of opting for multiple courses at Roorkee Location. ZENUS in Roorkee prepares thousands of aspirants for UG NX at reasonable fees that is customized keeping in mind training and course content requirement of each attendee.
UG NX training course involves "Learning by Doing" using state-of-the-art infrastructure for performing hands-on exercises and real-world simulations. This extensive hands-on experience in UG NX training ensures that you absorb the knowledge and skills that you will need to apply at work after your placement in an MNC.
ZENUS Roorkee is one of the best UG NX training institute in Roorkee with 100% placement support. ZENUS has well defined course modules and training sessions for students. At ZENUS UG NX training is conducted during day time classes, weekend classes, evening batch classes and fast track training classes.
Companies using UG-NX
Mentioning only few of the top Automotive Companies using NX -
- General Motors
- Daimler Mercedes
Students free Benefits
- Learning kit will be provides to all enrolled students.
- 1 year Membership card worth equivalent to 10$ free of cost.
- Separate certificate for project work on company latter head.
- It is the only company, which provides online certificate verification facility.
- Live projects will be provides by to interested cell to all enrolled students.
- The Certification of specific technologies is accepted worldwide companies.
- Opportunity to in the placement Drives to reputed companies.
- Fast Track course available with best Fees
- Wi-fi campus and Projector Lab Facility
- Technical Support after Course Completion to all enrolled students
Top 20 Reasons to Choose ZENUS
- ZENUS INFOTECH is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company.
- The Certification of specific technologies is accepted worldwide companies.
- ZENUS INFOTECH has trained over 5000+ candidates via training products & services.
- ZENUS advantage not only during training, even after completion of training for life time.
- It’s the only company, which provides online certificate verification facility.
- Learn from Developers/Industry experts rather than Trainers/Teachers.
- Industrial training programmers are designed to make students industry-ready.
- Guest Lectures/Seminars by Industry Experts.
- We also provide weekdays and weekends as per participant's needs.
- ZENUS has dedicated Placement wing which has track of placing students in top companies.
- We facilitate students with modern I.T infrastructure and learning environment Trainers in training classes combine the self-developed practice session module with current syllabus.
- Our trainers are analysts, researchers, consultants and managers possessing a decade experience in coaching .Ultra-modern I.T laboratory equipped with latest infrastructure.
- Training classrooms are equipped with projectors, live racks, Wi-Fi, and digital pads.
- We facilitate students with glass-door study room and discussion zone area (meeting room).
- No cost training sessions are conducted on personality development, spoken English, group discussion, and mock interview to sharpen the presentation skills.
- Study materials include books, and soft copies of tutorials in the form of PDFs, sample papers, technical and HR interview questions.
- We also provide hostel facility at Rs.4,000/- a month.
- We facilitate students with Extra Time Slots (E.T.S) for doing unlimited practical at no cost.
- According to the requirements, students can retake the class at no cost.
- To enhance knowledge of the students, the complex technical concepts are imparted through easy coaching.